A few questions before marriage to ask yourself and your partner BEFORE you marry them. These questions also apply to those who are thinking about getting into a serious long term relationship with someone.
- How do they act when they are angry? How do they react to conflict?
- Do you understand each other’s Love Languages? Examples of the five Love Languages include words of affirmation, receiving gifts, acts of service, physical touch, and quality time.
- By what rules or guidelines do they live their life? Do your values stack up with each other?
- What are you willing to give up? Can you compromise on subjects?
- Does one of you hate something the other loves? Everyone compromises in the beginning but if you really hate something your partner loves, this can be a deal breaker if you can’t learn to support and accept it and vice versa.
- How will we deal with a break in trust?
- Do we have more than just love? Love and passion are wonderful but if you don’t enjoy doing the little things together and just spending time together, you will have problems.
- Talk financials. Who pays what, how much debt, etc.
- If your parents get sick when they get older, what’s the plan? Do you like each other’s families?
- Do you both feel the same about having or not having children?
- Can you communicate your needs to each other? Is the other person receptive to hearing those needs and responding in kind?
- Does your partner have any addictions (alcohol, drug, food, etc.)?
- Is your partner happy with who they are and the life they are living? Are you happy with your life?
Ready for a Consultation? Visit our contact us page for more information.
Ask me any questions you might have about dating and relationships.